10 Used Cars that Will Instantly Make You Awesome – Part II
Regardless of whether you buy into it or not, the car that you drive defines you. Perhaps it does a poor job of exposing your personality to those around you, but it certainly gives off a first impression to every driver you encounter while out on the road. During the first part of this series, we touched on how different vehicles categorize the people who drive them, and offered five great used car options to help instantly increase your cool factor while out and about. Not only will these cars help you deliver a flawless first impression, they also have the ability to transform the way you feel about yourself. Just as it is true that you are what you eat, we believe it is equally as true that you are what you drive. The best news is that you don’t have to shell out a ton of money on brand new models to give off the impression you want. All of the vehicles on our list are not only affordable to begin with, but also a steal when found as used cars. Lexington, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and residents around the tri-state area, drive home in one of these affordable used cars and you are guaranteed to increase your coolness factor instantaneously!
In Case You Missed It: The First Five Cars from Part I
In case you missed the first part of this series, check out the list of the first five affordable used cars you can find to increase your cool factor.
- Honda S2000
- Subaru WRX
- Ford Mustang GT
- Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
- Mazda RX-8
To learn more about each of these cars, and why they make awesomely affordable used options, head back over to Part I (LINK). Otherwise, stay put as we introduce the next five affordable used models on our cool car list.
10 Used Cars that Will Instantly Increase Your Reputation Behind the Wheel
Now that we have explored the first half of this list in depth on our last post, and reviewed the five models in Part II, let’s dive into the second half of this top ten list of cool, affordable used cars.
- Jeep Wrangler: It’s incredibly hard to dispute the fact that the Jeep Wrangler is one of the coolest cars both on and off the road. Rather than try to argue this undeniable fact, we will instead choose to embrace it. The Jeep Wrangler is perhaps the most reputable SUV ever made, and its iconic status will turn any plain-old driver into an adventure-seeking individual. While Wranglers aren’t for everyone, those who are able to appreciate their ruggedness and palpable power, will certainly benefit from all they have to offer. Just as Wranglers are known for their off-road prowess, they are also known for their higher-end starting MSRPs. While this is true, buyers on a budget can find more affordable options starting with the 2006 model year. That particular model offered 202 horsepower, standard four-wheel drive, and a starting price of just $18,390. If you are looking for a model that will get you the reputation you desire, and not necessarily take you too far off the beaten path, then you will have a much easier time finding a used Wrangler within your price range.
- Honda Civic SI: Honda is one brand that is known for crafting dependable, long-lasting cars. The Honda Civic SI is no exception. The SI version of the standard Civic sedan features a sportier exterior appearance, a specially tuned chassis, increased handling, and up to 197 horsepower. The most affordable version of the Civic SI will fall between the 2006 and 2011 model years, as the 2008 Honda Civic SI model started at just $21,745. If you are considering this cool car for your next used purchase, be aware that it was only built with a six-speed manual transmission. While this is a welcome challenge for some, it is an absolute deal breaker for others.
- MINI Cooper: A used MINI Cooper hatchback may just be the exact level of cool you are looking to attain. With a foreign flair, and enough room to make it one of the more practical cars on our list, a used MINI Cooper may be your ticket to on-road awesomeness. With a comfortable ride, high-end feature availability, and practical fold-down rear seats, this hatchback is one respectable ride. The base 1.6-liter engine produces 118 horsepower, and it comes available with both a manual and automatic transmission. The 2009 MINI Cooper started out at $18,550, which means that used buyers today will be able to find one for well under the $10,000 price point. With up to 37 miles per gallon on the highway, this is one affordable used car that is just as practical as it is cool.
- Nissan Cube: While we realize that this particular model’s cool factor may be up for debate, the Nissan Cube is an undeniably unique compact crossover. Boxy, and true to its Japanese roots, the Nissan Cube can be described as strange and awesome at the same time. Perfect for the driver who wants to emulate both the weird and wonderful side of his or her personality, a used Cube can be found at an affordable price in today’s used car market. Only made in the United States from 2008 until 2014, used options may be limited. Once you locate the model year you want, you will see that the Cube is one of the more affordable used cars on our list.
- Toyota Tacoma X-Runner: While technically not a car, we couldn’t help but add this capable and sleek pickup to our list of ten cool used cars to purchase. The Tacoma X-Runner model features upgraded capability features, such as 18-inch rims, a ground effects kit, and more. The Access Can version of the Tacoma X-Runner has seating for up to five passengers, and includes the nameplate’s most powerful 4.0-liter V6 engine capable of up to 236 horsepower. The X-Runner was a special edition version of Toyota’s pickup, and only offered from 2004-2013. Used versions of this truck tend to be on the higher-end in regards to price, but finding one for under $15,000 is still possible.
Be sure to head online to online.cars and allow the expert online team help you find one of these affordably cool used cars. Why limit your search to local inventory, when you get access over 100,000 vehicles through the power of online.cars?