Snag a Used Car with the Highest J.D. Power Dependability Ratings – Part II
When it comes time to purchase a new-to-you car, there is no better way to ensure complete peace of mind than with the help of the experts at J.D. Power. Every year, the professional organization releases a list of the top 18 used models to purchase that ranked highest in dependability. Rather than simply run off to the closest used car dealership and snag just any old car, used car shoppers can consult this list that was compiled as a result of a year-long study into the dependability and reliability of vehicles from the 2014 model year. In Part I of this two-part series, we took a closer look at the seven different cars that made this list. Here, in the second part of this series, we will take a look at the highest ranked SUVs, crossovers, pickup trucks, and minivans. There are plenty of used cars Dayton has to offer. But when you pick one from this list of dependability findings, you will ensure peace of mind and confidence for years down the road in your new-to-you vehicle.
Highest Ranked SUVs & Crossovers for Dependability
With so many vehicles to cover in this second part of our series, let’s begin with the different SUVs and crossovers that earned top spots in their respective categories. Explore each of the 2014 models below, and discover whether one of them fits the bill for what you are looking for from your next pre-owned vehicle.
- 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe: Chevrolet earned the second most top spots on the 2017 J.D. Power Dependability Study, so it should come as no surprise that the king of the SUV segment is the Chevy Tahoe. Beating out worthy competitors, such as the GMC Yukon and Ford Expedition, the 2014 Tahoe outshined its entire segment. 2014 was the final year of the Tahoe’s fourth generation, which makes it one of the more affordable options to purchase used. For the 2014 model year, the Tahoe added rear park-assist technology, a backup camera, power-adjustable pedals, and a remote start engine. To put it very simply, there is no better large SUV option available in the used market than the 2014 Tahoe.
- 2014 Lexus RX: Ranking highest for dependability in the midsize premium SUV segment, the 2014 Lexus RX beat out its own Lexus GX and the Porsche Cayenne – among many others. The 2014 RX added Siri Eyes Free to its list of capabilities for the first time, and also offered forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and an optional 115-volt power outlet for added convenience. Sleek, refined, and luxurious, the Lexus RX is the perfect companion for the busy professional on the go, or the growing family.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class: This luxury model from Mercedes-Benz easily took home the top dependability honors in the compact premium SUV segment. Outdoing the Volvo XC60 and the Acura RDX, the Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class is as unique as it is luxurious. The 2013 model year for this ruggedly capable Mercedes-Benz SUV received a complete overhaul, and the 2014 version was decidedly unchanged because of that fact.
- 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser: Ranking highest in the 2017 J.D. Power Dependability study for the compact SUV segment, the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser bested the Chevy Equinox and the GMC Terrain which took second and third place. The FJ Cruiser is based on the 4Runner SUV’s platform, and is intended as a serious off-road ready SUV. Designed to compete with the likes of the Jeep Wrangler, the FJ Cruiser is a capable option for drivers who crave the thrill of the all-terrain world. For a completely dependable used SUV that is unlike anything else on the road, or off, the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser is a must see.
- 2014 Toyota Prius V: Another Toyota taking the top spot for dependability is the 2014 Prius V. Ranking highest in the compact multi-purpose vehicle category of J.D. Power’s latest dependability study, the Prius V takes after the smaller Prius sedan in many ways. Adding extra space for both passengers and cargo, the Prius V offers drivers who appreciate everything the traditional Prius offers, a bit more wiggle room.
- 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan: Ranking highest in the small SUV segment, the Volkswagen Tiguan earned the highest rating for dependability. For 2014, Volkswagen added a standard automatic climate control system, heated front seats, and leatherette seating throughout the cabin of the SE trim. The R-Line model also joined the 2014 Tiguan lineup for the first time, which added a sporty appearance and power enhancements. The 2014 Tiguan is a definite must-see option for drivers in the market for a used small SUV that is as sleek, as it is capable.
- 2014 Toyota Venza: Taking home the top spot for dependability in the midsize SUV segment, the 2014 Toyota Venza outdid the Ford Edge and Honda Pilot, which tied for second place. The 2014 Venza included power-folding side mirrors as standard equipment on the XLE and Limited models, and front and rear parking sensors were added as standard features on the Limited trim.
Highest Ranked Minivan for Dependability
Due to the fact that the minivan segment remains one of the smaller categories in the automotive marketplace, competition between minivan models is fierce. Check out the one van that managed to take home the top spot in this year’s J.D. Power Dependability Study.
- 2014 Toyota Sienna: A long time favorite among soccer moms and baseball dads alike, the Toyota Sienna grabbed the highest dependability ranking for the minivan segment. The Sienna’s towing rating was improved for the 2014 model year, bringing it up to a respectable 3,500 pounds. All 2014 Sienna models came with standard towing prep equipment, which means every minivan owner has the capability to tow a heavy load. A blind spot monitoring system was also available on SE trim levels for 2014, which is an obvious plus for buyers in this family-focused segment.
Highest Ranked Pickup Trucks for Dependability
The pickup truck segment is another one that isn’t crowded, and allows for a more intense sort of competition. J.D. Power ranked the various size and power categories of pickups for this year’s dependability study. Check out each truck that managed to make the coveted list.
- 2014 Honda Ridgeline: Ranking highest in the midsize pickup truck segment for dependability, the Honda Ridgeline bested every other vehicle in its segment. With a new Special Edition trim option available for the first time, the 2014 Ridgeline also offered additional convenience features. After the 2014 model year, the Ridgeline took a break from the market, before reappearing for the 2017 model year.
- 2014 Ford F-150: Taking the top spot in the large light duty pickup truck segment, the Ford F-150 proved its worth in the long term dependability study with ease. With plenty of different cab and bed size options available, there is sure to be a used 2014 Ford F-150 out there that is perfect for your unique needs.
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty: Ranking the highest in dependability for the large heavy duty pickup truck segment, the Silverado HD full-size pickup is a great option for used truck buyers looking for a powerful pickup. With plenty of cab and bed configurations available, along with a standard tow rating of 4,500 pounds, this is one truck that isn’t messing around.
Find Your Dependable Used Vehicle with online.cars
If one of these high-rated vehicles for dependability caught your attention, be sure to head online to the online.cars website, to get started on your used car buying journey. online.cars makes it easy, simple, and convenient to find the used car of your dreams. Take online.cars for a test drive today, and get behind the wheel of your new-to-you car sooner than you think.